Thursday, October 30, 2008

Green Tee Dorothy

My friend Charlotte is currently attending Beauty School. She was trying out for Design Team and needed a model. I was honored that out of all her friends she picked me!

The theme was the Wizard of Oz. She was to pick a character from the movie, and transform them into her style of character. So, she picked Dorothy. (Had I not gone brunette a while ago, we totally would have done Glynda).

I wasn't supposed to be the regular Dorothy with the blue and white dress. I was to be Sepia toned Dorothy. And I wasn't supposed to be down the dirt road Dorothy, Charlotte, being the
rock star she is, wanted me to be Pin-Up Sepia toned Dorothy. My mom made an adorable dress frombrown and white gingham. I got platform ruby red slippers (like I needed to be any taller). And Charlotte did my hair and make-up. She wanted red highlights, so the only things to be red were my lips, the bow in my hair and the shoes.

I showed up to her school at about quarter to noon. It seemed like those 15 minutes took forever!!! But, as the clock struck 12, we were on a roll. She did Victory Rolls with the rest of my hair in ringlets. We pulled it to the side and put a big red bow at the nape of my neck. I thought she did a great job! The judges thought so too, but unfortunately she didn't make the team.

Some of the other contestants did amazing work! One girl did a flying monkey. She didn't make it either, but I thought she should have. There was a tree. A few Glyndas, quite a few scare crows, a lion and one girl involved her whole family and they were citizens of Oz. It was an experience for me and for Charlotte.

Obviously, the clothes I was in were not comfy. After being in 5 in. heels, very constricting clothes for a few hours, and swallowing enough glitter to lay a ruby red egg, I got home and got comfy. I didn't want to undo my hair cause I thought it looked great. So, Jason and I played photo booth on the couch for a while. These are a few of the pics.







No comments: