Saturday, November 29, 2008

A new Tradition in the making!

Jason's dad's birthday is the 27th of November. We crashed his Turkey day in '07 and only felt like it was necessary to crash this years since we would be able to be up there for his dad's birthday too! We set off for New Harmony, Utah as soon as Jason and I were off work on Wednesday. We wanted to be on the road by noon, but didn't get going til about 4ish. We stopped to fill up on gas, and get some snacks. We made it to St George at about 6ish and I wanted Cracker Barrel! So of course we stopped cause Jason can't pass up good down home cookin'! I think he only likes going there to play with the toys.


We arrived at New Harmony and was so excited to spend the next day with his dad. We got him Dancing with the stars for the Wii for his birthday, and we all had a hoot trying to learn it! I was of course fantastic! It must be my amazing dance body that lets me be so flexible. HA HA HA right. The Graf men dance. It's quite awesome how great they are. =)


The weather there always has something to report. I loved how cold it was, but I loved bundling up and snuggling with Jason the most! We decided to leave earlier than planned cause the weather was making a pretty good layer of ice on the roads. After living in Missouri for 3 years and being the only to make it to seminary in the winter (thanks to the Bronco), I didn't want to drive home on icy highways, so we left early. We said our goodbyes and as we stepped out the back door, the backyard, mountains and sky were incredibly beautiful! You can usually see the mountain they call The Hand of God as you are leaving their house, but there were so many clouds so low to the ground that you could hardly see the mountains! It made me want to grab a blanket, a mug of hot chocolate and snuggle with Jason on the back porch for the rest of the day. I was so sad to leave Jason's dads after a great day and beautiful weather. We obviously arrived home safely and on our ride home, we made a decision that Turkey Day every year we will be going to New Harmony.

No comments: