Sunday, December 14, 2008

His voice makes me melt like a popsicle on the 4th of July

One of the greatest things about my husband is his voice. Just talking to him calms me cause he has a voice that compares to those of the voice-overs for Heavenly Father in church vids. His singing voice is so much greater than his normal talking voice. I truly believe that he was in the choir of angels singing at Christ's birth. I have always been a sucker for men who can sing - seriously, I always thought that musically inclined guys or the artsy kind of guys kissed so much better than jocks. LOL At least, that's what my studies have proved.

Anyway, we o
f course join our ward choir. Jason is one of 3 guys that is in attendance regularly. Though he usually gets stuck singing tenor, he enjoys singing so much, he'll sing whatever is needed (even an occasional soprano). When the ward chorister heard him sing, she insisted he sing in sacrament. I paired him with our good friend Heidi to do a duet. It was absolutely beautiful. Brought tears to quite a few eyes. Larry Taylor in our ward was so impressed by Jason's voice, he insisted that he come over on their family Christmas night and sing the closing song, O Holy Night. For months Brother Taylor said, remember, O Holy Night, my house. He DID NOT want us to forget!

The Taylor Family Christmas Night came and what an event! They had a lot of great food. Cindy and Larry's grand kids sang "I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" which was absolutely adorable. Bishop and his family performed many great Christmas and other songs on the piano, violins and harp. Shannon Winkel sang a couple songs, Karla Huntsman (professional story teller) read a Christmas themed story and then it was Jason's shining moment. He didn't do anything frilly to the song, just sang it with Bishop accompanying. And again, my husband was able to awaken and move the spirits of people through song.

No comments: