Monday, May 18, 2009

Garden Rotini Salad

We had a salad buffet potluck at our swim party the other day at my friend Gretchen's house. The night before, Gretchen and I shopped at Wally World to get ingredients for our next day feast. I had no clue what to make, so I was given the idea of pasta noodles and Italian dressing.

I knew I had some rotini at home, I had some chicken and some Parmesan cheese and all I needed was the dressing. I picked up a Kraft dressing that said Italian Dressing, but it wasn't just any Italian dressing, it was TUSCAN Italian dressing.

I cooked the noodles, cut up the Southwestern precooked chicken, and after the noodles cooled, I threw in the Parmesan. Much to my excitement, I still had some parmigiana reggiano left over from some baked ziti I made a few nights before, so I threw a handful of that in. I then drenched the noodles in the Tuscan Italian Dressing. I wasn't thinking it was that fabulous considering it was so simple and so few ingredients, but to my amazement, everyone really liked it!

I brought home what I was hoping to be my lunch the next day, but after Jason saw it and tried it, it was nearly gone before I was done getting out of the shower. =(

He asked me to make it for him last night, but I wanted to use the chicken I pulled out of the freezer earlier that was thawing all day. So, tonight I made it for him. He was stoked when I presented him with the special of tonight! I'm not sure exactly what it is about this dish that is so delicious, but it is. If you need a quick salad, dinner, or lunch... I suggest you whip this up.

Jess' GRS

1 lb Garden Rotini (cooked and chilled)
1 package of precooked southwestern chicken breasts (Foster Farms is my favorite!)
about 3/4-1 cup of grated Parmesan (not the stuff for spaghetti)
optional, about 1/4 cup of parmigiana reggiano (I can't pronounce this right, let alone spell it)
Kraft Tuscan Italian dressing to your liking

Of course you can always subtract the cheese from it. Or add more chicken or whatever. I am very much an add whatever it needs til it meets your approval.

Hope you enjoy!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It was yummy...Kelsie has already made it as well.

Rami Rachel said...

mmmmm... sounds yummy. I will have to make it too.

Marisa said...

Yummy