Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Jason's latest check-up

Jason had another check-up today. Together, we bombarded the dr with many questions. Since he has been out of work for a month now and hasn't gotten any income, we've been scraping by on my part time income and trying to work things out. The dr said he should be down for at least another 2 weeks, then he will have physical therapy. Depending on how he does there, he may be able to go back to work in about 3-4 weeks. Let's pray.

His foot still looks horrible. I asked if he was on track for healing and they said he is a little slow... Weird, cause I thought he would have been way ahead of the game with being so healthy and young. Don't tell the dr, but we didn't ice his foot, and that's probably what is making healing take so long! I've been trying to elevate it more than what we had it at and am icing it when we're awake. I DO NOT want that ice pack popping in my bed while I'm sleeping! I already get minimal sleep, so no need to cause any other things to prevent my somewhat slumber (that may be selfish, but whatever).

The bandage he got this time is much smaller than the past couple. The cast did nothing bu thurt him, the last bandage was 3 inches thick. This one is just right and the ice pack makes it so he can (can't) feel his toes. Can't meaning that it gets so cold it numbs his foot. LOL

He's hanging in there. He still has really bad cabin fever. I try to let him get out when we're going somewhere that won't exhaust him. We went to Walmart and Costco the other day so he could drive around in the wheelchair carts. We also went to a place called Mel's Diner in Boulder City for lunch. Some family came over for dinner on Sunday, and we also played Mexican Train. Having a 4 day weekend, I was getting cabin fever too. I am so proud of him for not complaining. When he gets feisty, that's when I know he needs to be taken on a drive or out or something. Only a couple more weeks.

No comments: