Tuesday, February 1, 2011

FREAKING JASON GRAF?!

Did you know that when I got married to Jason Graf, I didn't just get married to Jason Graf, I got married to FREAKING JASON GRAF?!

I went to a MARY KAY party tonight held at my friend Heather's house (Heather Estes, married to Scott Estes of Henderson). I knew her sister-in-law, Tracy, and her cousin, Jennifer. While washing my hands in the kitchen, a girl, Melissa, asked me how I knew Heather and I told her, oh, she's a friend. Her husband and my husband grew up together. "Who's your husband?" Melissa asked. "Jason Graf." I replied. Little did I know I would get this as her reaction to my answer,

"JASON GRAF?! HOLY CRAP! I use to babysit him!!! I haven't seen him in forever! You're pretty lucky."

I said, "Ya, I like to think so."

A little while later everyone was sitting around the table getting ready for their facials. We had to go around the circle and explain how we knew Heather. After many, I'm Heather's sister, sister-in-law, cousin, etc., I said, "Hi, I'm Jessica. I'm Heather's friend. To which Melissa announced, "AND JASON GRAF'S WIFE!" To which half the table practically jumped out of their chairs and said, "FREAKING JASON GRAF?!" Then there was an uproar about Jason Graf this and Jason Graf that. To which Heather made worse by saying, "AND they're expecting their first baby!" To which the table roared for another couple minutes.

I knew Jason was pretty amazing when I married him, but every time I hang out with his (now our) Henderson friends, I realize how lucky I am to have such an amazing husband that wasn't a deuche growing up. To be married to the "it" guy. Well, he may not have been the "it" guy, but he sure is my "it" guy and I think he's pretty "it". ha ha ha Don't know where I was going with that last part.

2 comments:

Mandi Roth said...

haha!! loved this post. How freaking cool is that. You do have an amazing husband. Love you girl!

Tracy said...

Oh he was the IT guy. :) Hands down, the nicest guy I knew in high school. But I think you are at least as nice as he is, so you make a perfect couple. Congrats on BG. :) I'm so excited for you both.