Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

I love today. It is my second fav holiday, it follows Christmas.

Anyway, Jason was so sweet. He told me that we would wake up, get some breakfast and he'd watch a movie with me. When I asked which one, he said, "Well, it's a once in a lifetime thing. It has vampires and werewolves."

"Van Helsing?"

"No."

"Oh, you mean Twilight? Jason, first of all, I wouldn't make you watch that. There are so many other movies I would rather watch than that. If you are giving me free reign, I have a few others I would like to watch. Second of all, we don't even own it! We'd have to go out and buy a movie that we'll hardly ever watch."

I then spent the next half hour explaining to him why The Host is so much better than Twilight; that Twilight is not my favorite and why people think that I am not crazy over it like they are. We then decided that we would do breakfast then catch a movie. However, then we forgot about physical therapy. Ugh. So, after quite a bit of juggling, we were able to move therapy around, get breakfast, and then watch Gnomeo and Juliet. It was a cute silly movie. I think some of my favorite parts were the Elton John moments.

We then headed home where I made chicken breasts, broccoli and roasted red potatoes (one of Jason's favorites). And, as we ate dinner, we watched Valentine's Day. I love that movie. It has some great actors/actresses. Not to mention, it has some good life lessons... Marry your best friend for a lasting relationship. And, whenever Jennifer and Jessica get a pinata, it will always be a good time! lol

1 comment:

Robinson Family said...

I don't think you are crazy for not liking Twilight. I read all the books and when I was done reading them I was so relieved. I'm kinda over the High School melodrama...why do I want to read about it. LOL When my sister asked me if I was team Edward or team Jacob I went on a tangent about how both were pathetic and she started laughing. She said she should have know that I was team Mike. Just like you are team Jason. :) I find the movies entertaining but again am with you...if I was given free reign I would choose something else too. :)