Friday, July 23, 2010

Numbers Freak

Jason and I went to a "Banking Center" dinner tonight. It was the going away party for Ryan, one of my good friends that no longer works with me as of a few hours ago. (very sad face)

Ryan chose to go to Cheesecake Factory for his going away party. There were 12 of us there, and most of us were couples. We asked our waiter at the beginning of the dinner if he would be able to split the check and he said it would take too long to do it, so no. (seriously??? you won't?)

So, about half the table gets up to go get money from the ATM which we thought was at the entrance or something. But it was taking everyone like 15-20 minutes to get cash, which the waiter was pretty put out that we were taking so long... (If he split our checks, there'd be no problem, right?) So finally, everyone is back at the table and we order our food. I then find out that everyone had to go to US Bank or Chase or whatever was closest and pay a fee. For all of us B of A associates, we were a little perturbed.

The food was pretty good. It is an expensive place. I'm glad Jason and I are working on portion sizes and we decided to share everything.

It gets time to pay and Dave, our server, hands the check over. I insist I get it first. When it gets handed over to me, I feel so excited that I am going to get to divide this check up! I go through and make a list of who got what. I then figured out the total for each "couple", what percentage their total is of the sub total, and then figure out the tax and "over 7 people" added on gratuity. Yes, I found such joy in figuring numbers. LOL

This is my lovely artwork.
Yes, I even marked who paid and who didn't. But, that's because some people were paying with a card. I then was showing Matt his breakdown, Matt is my previous, previous banking center manager... my manager 2 managers ago. He was laughing at me for how meticulous I was with it all. I volunteered to show him a graph if he does better with pictures and he said, "Ya Graf, draw me a graph."

Jason just heard "draw me a Graf", and that's what he did, right next to our totals. LOL I love that silly man.

Figuring everything out was pretty easy. I may not have needed to go this distance but, I did. And, I feel good. My brain had a little work out and is ready for a good night's rest.

1 comment:

The Queen Mum said...

YOU ARE AWESOME Jessica...I love that you are a numbers person like I am. GREAT work and it looks like fun.