Thursday, July 29, 2010

Vacation

Jason has a job that does not pay him when he takes vacation. He can take vacation in April (like we did) but he won't get paid for it until August because that's when his employer pays out vacation. So, we generally have a hard time taking vacations anytime other than August cause we don't like having to stretch the funds for a couple weeks.

However, August isn't a bad time to get paid out for Jason's vaca. His birthday is the last day of the month so it works out real nice for us.

Jason has worked at the Willey for 5 and a half years now. It wasn't until last year that I finally convinced him that you NEED to take vacations. That's why they have vacation time. A little over a year ago he was hating working, hating getting up so early, hating a lot of stuff. So, for his birthday, I planned a getaway. I usually plan getaways for his birthday though (i.e. Grand Canyon camping, WICKED in LA, Malibu vaca, etc.). He is finally understanding that when you are getting to a point that you hate your job, you need a vacation, because when you get back, you are rejuvenated and don't hate your job anymore, or not as much.

This year, I was going to keep it a secret, but I was having complications of how to get to our destination - Denver. We are going to Denver for a week to spend time with the Koch's, my uncle and his family, go on a tour of the mint, go to a pre game football game (Broncos vs. Steelers), go to the Denver temple and then good quality time with our friends and their adorable kids. I wanted to take a train cause I've been dying to take a train somewhere, but with all the bus riding we'd have to do, I was pretty much over that. However, I asked Jason if he wanted to and he was pretty much over it too. So, I told him my plans.

What I love most about this situation, is last night driving to dinner, Jason and I were driving to dinner and he says to me outta no where, "I am so excited for our trip next month." I am so excited too cause I know we both need it.

No comments: