Sunday, December 26, 2010

Best Christmas EVER!

I wasn't really getting too excited about Christmas until the Monday before. I had gotten Jason How to Train Your Dragon for Christmas, but we opened it to watch with family on Thanksgiving. Then, I had decided to get Jason a new set of scriptures. I wrote a little message on the front cover, wrapped them without him knowing, and left them on the end table ready to put under the tree once we got it.

We had the missionaries over for dinner, and one of them insisted on figuring out what was in them. He felt how heavy it was, measured it next to my set of scriptures, asked Jason about it etc. Jason does not guess gifts after guessing every gift he got from his mom one year. There was no surprise so he decided that he would not ruin any one's surprise for him. Thanks to this missionary, Jason knew what he was getting. Ugh.

Needless to say, Christmas spirit was hard to find this year. However, the week before Christmas, I was getting a little excited. Plans were coming together, and I had found a couple other gifts for Jason I was stoked about! Despicable Me and a Sharper Image Shiatsu Massage chair insert.

Though Jason was happy about all the gifts he got, the most exciting one was his scriptures. He knew that he was getting them, yet the little message inside was what made it the best present. He unwrapped his scriptures, flipped through them and then saw there was a message in the front. He read it, looked at me and said thank you. As I looked at him, his eyes were glistening and I told him he was welcome. He told me he loved me and I started to cry. I told him I loved him too. Then, my mom started crying, my baby brother started tearing up and the spirit was really strong in that moment. Poor Brittney, Bobby's girlfriend, was confused as to why everyone was so emotional. We'll have to explain it later.

Anyway, it was a great day. I will have more pictures to come.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Awww this makes me miss you guys! Wish I had been there for that gem of a moment ;)
Much Schmoe love coming your way
XOXO