Wednesday, December 22, 2010

So I'm a little crazy. Did that ever hurt anyone?

As I was visiting my make-up artist friend, Charlotte, at her work, MAC, I told her that I am trying to get back the motivation I had in college. I use to do my make up so it matched whatever I was wearing. Pink shirt, pink shadow. Green shirt, green shadow. Purple shirt, purple shadow. You catch my drift?

She started laughing at me then said, "I believe it with your OCD problem."

I thought for a second, do I really have an OCD problem? I thought my symmetrical problem was just a weirdness. If I get nudged on the right arm, I have to have my left arm nudged somehow. I have to make sure when walking on a sidewalk or some other patterned surface that I get the same amount of steps in each square. My shirts in my closet I use to have organized by style, then by color. I also feel like the world is complete when things are alphabetized or numerical.

Sad thing is, my OCD dates back to at least Kindergarten. There were 6 kids at each table and a box of 8 Count Crayola crayons at the end of the table for each kid. Some of the boxes had little windows and I would flip out if the crayons didn't go in ROY G BIV order. Some kids didn't care how the crayons ended up in the box and I would tell them that they were going to get in trouble if they didn't do it right.

Please tell me this is normal. Well, at least tell me that others have this same crazy-ness.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I have the same problem lol. Crazy is indearing......right?