Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Chocolate Bunny anyone?

Me personally, I've always wondered how rabbits fit into Easter. Furthermore, how did chocolate Easter bunnies become the official food of Easter?

I have my answer.

Jason had to be to the church earlier than normal for scouts tonight. They were having Pack meeting which was actually the Blue and Gold Dinner and Jason's boys, the 11 year olds, were performing the flag ceremony. It was turning into a pretty hectic day and as I was about to make a quick trip to Walgreen's, this is what greeted me on my front doorstep...


I quickly went inside to explain to Jason that the myth about rabbits being able to beat cats is false as the proof is on our front porch.

I got in the car and as I was pulling out of the driveway, I see the cat pouncing on the poor helpless bunny bunny, assuring there was no life left in it.

I was gone for about 15 minutes and got back home to see there was no bunny on the sidewalk anymore, for the cat drug it into the rocks, crouched on top of it and had already eaten half it's neck. I honked at the cat, I yelled at the cat, but the disgusting thing still would not let off the neck of the rabbit. I finally nudged him with my foot and he got off it and started licking his beastly lips.

Jason came outside and we were on our way to the Pack Meeting. We get home about 8 o'clock and find this...

The cat has ripped this poor bunny rabbit to shreds! And, ah-ha! See that weird ripply thing hanging out the top part of the body? That looks like chocolate. Seriously. The perfect milk chocolate chocolate. I think back in the 1800's when Germans were trying to find a better "treat" for the Easter bunny to bring to good little children, there were a bunch of parents sitting around eating rabbit stew and talking about what they could make, and that's when one of the mothers (who had killed the rabbit earlier) came up with chocolate bunnies as the Easter "treat"!

5 comments:

Tamarama said...

Gross!!!!

The Queen Mum said...

Thanks for the story. I'm glad you told me the story so that when I read it, I had all the emotions. Love you...sorry my animals are so wicked...

The Clarkes said...

So do you have some sweet "Lucky" rabbit feet keychains?

Family von Graf said...

Diana, wouldn't that make it unlucky rabbit's feet? LOL Oh, wait, is that why you put "LUCKY"? ROFL I'm a dork.

RicknJanell said...

:P That's disgusting! I know that cats catch things...and have even seen them bring gifts to the back door. I usually try to ignore the grossness! :P