Thursday, February 11, 2010

Family

Sheila, Jason's mom, went into the hospital last Saturday. She had some chest pain and upper back spinal/rib pain and to this day, the doctors still don't know what's wrong. She's had echographs, x-rays, among many other tests ran. She went in for another x-ray last night, and I hope we will hear results of that today. The doctors did assure us her heart is ok. We thought it was enlarged, but it is normal. The upper parts of her lungs are working great, but they're trying to find out why the lower parts of her lungs aren't working. They ruled out parrelsy (? pretty sure that's not spelled right), but they are now thinking it might be. The doctors are saying her COPD has been caused from her history of bronchitis and pneumonia.

Jason and I were able to go visit her Tuesday when he got off work. She had quite a room full of visitors. I was really excited to spend the whole day with her yesterday. Carla was there too and June joined us after a while. I brought a word find for her, the newest Dan Brown book, playing cards, things to keep her busy or us busy while she sleeps. It was fun having a girls day.

I love the Graf family. Sheila will get better. They have her on oxygen nearly all the time, and she will be on oxygen probably for some time. I'm thankful that she is in my life. She truly is an amazing person. I don't know if I have ever gotten to spend this much time with her, but it truly has been a fun experience. Probably not for her, but I love being next to her and talking about whatever comes to her.

No comments: