Wednesday, November 11, 2009

How well do you know your spouse?

My friend Toney is a huge trivia fan. I think he enjoys being the question giver 1. cause he gets to control the points, and 2. he likes to see what people know.

So, on our trip to and from San Francisco (from Sacramento) we played the Newlywed Trivia game but the Toney Meredith Version. It's really interesting when put on the spot to see what exactly you do know about your significant other. Toney and Shelley have been together for a few years, but only recently got married in August. Jason and I are approaching 2 years of being married, but we've been friends for quite a while. You would think you would know all the basics, but how the answers are given were a huge part in the world of "*undecisivers".

*An undecisiver is someone who doesn't have a favorite. So when asked favorite color, food, etc, instead of saying 10 different things cause they don't have a favorite, they come up with, "Right now, my favorite is ____, but it changes.

First question given by Toney-Jason, what is Jessica's favorite color?
Jason-Right now it's probably the color of my eyes.
Toney-Jessica, is that right?
Jessica-That is a favorite, but right now it's blue. ha ha ha
(no point)

Toney-Jessica, what is Jason's favorite food?
Jessica-Right now, anything. He's looking hungry.

There were also questions that I think Toney was a little skeptical about the answers.

Toney-Jessica, if Jason won the lottery and won 21 million dollars, what would be the first thing he would buy?
Jessica-He wouldn't buy anything. He would pay the debts and then invest.
Toney-Jason? Seriously?
Jason-Yep, that's what I'd do.
Toney-Ok, let me rephrase this. If Jason won 21 million dollars, and paid all his debts and invested some, what would be the first thing he would buy.
Jessica-(with some giggling cause I know Toney's not going to believe me)He wouldn't buy anything. We would travel. So, I guess it would be tickets to somewhere.
Toney-Seriously?
Jason-Ya, she pretty much nailed it.
Jessica-We don't buy things, we experience things.

Things I can't believe we got wrong:
Food that Jessica hates (correct answer is Strawberries and Jason kicked himself when I said the right one cause it's his favorite!)
Strangest place we made out (Jason said on the side of the highway coming back from Lake Las Vegas through Lake Mead highways. I thought it would have been one of our parent's houses. lol)

1 comment:

vegas mom said...

Loved reading it! so fun! Man, if clayton and i took a quiz, we'd be screwed!!! wish my memory was better!! that's what i get for having a hippie for a mom!!! lmao!!