Sunday, November 22, 2009

Mentha Foot Lotion

Mentha. Merriam-Webster describes it as Spearmint. When I say it, it reminds me of menthol. I've never been a smoker, never tried it in fact, but I have heard my menthol light smoker friends say that the menthol is cooling.

Menthol. Merriam_Webster says 1 : a crystalline alcohol C10H20O that occurs especially in mint oils and has the odor and cooling properties of peppermint. HA! So I'm right!

Well, a while ago I got this fantastic mentha foot lotion from Bath and Body works. It is a heavenly feeling when I put it on my feet. The cooling sensation is supposed to relax my feet and oh boy, does it! I have a few peppermint lotions too which are fantastic.

Well, this morning, I was getting ready for church and had just gotten out of the shower when I sat on the bed to put my make up on. My face lotion fell, and as I was trying to lean down to get it, it rolled further under the bed than expected, and so my towel wouldn't fall off, I asked Jason to pass me the Mentha lotion sitting right in front of him.

I thought to myself, that makes my feet feel so good, I wonder what it will do for my face! I squirted a little dab on my knee and started rolling my q-tip in it (I was trying to start my make up session with removing the leftover mascara underneath my eyes, left by the cleanser I used). I brought my mirror to face level, brought my q-tip to eye level, and began to clear under my right eye. For a short instant, there was a wonderful cooling sensation followed by horrible wretched BURNING!!! I started freaking out and Jason says, "You didn't just put that on your eye, did you?!"

Um, ya. I did. He offered a different lotion, water, and other stuff but I just kept thinking, if it's a chemical burn, don't put any other chemicals on it, so I just kept fanning my eye with my hand til I could stand the burning. Shortly thereafter Jason came and got my lotion from underneath the bed. I rubbed the leftover mentha lotion into my knee and to make sure I didn't get more on the other eye when I used the other lotion, I squirted some on my left knee. Ya, I'm a big dork.

So, My eye finally calmed down, but as I was dressing for church, I felt like my leg was still wet. It felt like the ceiling fan was still drying my right knee. I grabbed my towel and tried to dry it, but it was still cold! DUH! That was the knee I rubbed the excess lotion on. ha ha ha

K-to make this story even funnier, here it is, 10:20 at night, and Grandma is going to bed. She comes into the computer room, where I am typing furiously trying to tell you all about my day that she had no clue about, and tells me, "if you want to use something good for your face, use this." It was aloe vera gel. ha ha ha thanks grandma. Next time my lotion falls on the floor, I will either 1. get up and get it and rewrap my towel if it falls off my head, or 2. use aloe vera gel.

2 comments:

jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jenny said...

laughed sooo hard when you told me that earlier. and she is crackin me up with the aloe vera! ever since we were little she thinks that stuff fixes everything! its her answer to the greeks guys windex solution.... which you should under no circumstance put in or around your eye. hahaha...