Saturday, November 14, 2009

Luck on our side

So, Wednesday we went to San Fran for the day. As mentioned in the blog about the newlywed trivia game, the day was starting out pretty normal.

WARNING: Some things in this particular blog are not for children a
nd certain adults.

For those of you who aren't up to date on different cultures, the Chinese are very superstitious and rely a lot on luck. (i.e. Fortune cookies, crickets, shoes off at front door, etc.) While shopping in Chinatown I found that the little scary maneki neko cats bring good luck, fortune or customers. I prayed that even though I didn't buy one, they would forgive me and still be willing to bring me luck. I also prayed that the big fat happy man, Buddha, would also grant me some luck.

**On a side note - I don't know if it's cause I have too much testosterone in my system, but I am ALWAYS feeling quite saucy. Because we get bored at night, I like to take Jason's attention away from WoW by kissing his neck, biting/sucking on his finger, among many other things just to get his blood pumping a little. I also love holding his hand whenever feasible, so when we're out walking, or sitting on the couch, or cooking, if he's not holding my hand, I will stick mine out and if he isn't aware that I have my hand out to him and he doesn't grab it, I will sneakily tickle his "boys" so I can get his attention and pretty soon there after we are holding hands. Ha ha ha

Well, quite a few things happened at Fisherman's Wharf, that I'm hoping will help get more luck on our side. Throughout the day
we all got walking next to each other, me and Shelley, me and Toney or me and Jason. Right by the welcome sign to the wharf it's very crowded and we were trying to bypass the food stands selling fresh crab cakes and soup and other delights. I paused for a moment, which in this particular situation felt like an hour, and tried to get Jason to hold my hand. I was at the beginning of all of us trying to maneuver through this crowd and didn't want to lose him. Due to all the many things to see and so many different things going on, Jason didn't grab my hand. So, I resorted to tickling. About 3 seconds into my tickling I heard Toney clear his throat. Ha ha ha Whoops! I did my "CRAP! OH MY GOSH I'M SUCH A DORK!" and apologized many times to Toney who just kept laughing, and then many times to Jason who was trying to console me, and quite a few times to Shelley too, who was laughing at me while trying to console me.

They were all good sports about it. Toney promised he wasn't going to tell anyone about the incident, til I left. ha ha
We all joke about Toney being very fertile. He kept promising me how he would love telling our kid about the time I got pregnant at his motel (if indeed it happened).

Also while shopping on Pier 39, we came across a Fairy store. Not a fruity rainbow fairy store, but a magical fairy store. I was stoked when the owner told me that I could get fairy dust on my cheek. I picked out a pretty hot pink color, made a wish and he then waved his wand and put fairy dust on me (sorry, that sounds dirty, but whatev).
And yes, of course I made Jason get some too! Great, so I've walked through Chinatown with all their good luck stuff being crammed down my throat, tickled a fertile mans penis, and now got fairy dust on me. I was thinking, there's no way I can't get pregnant on this trip! Jason and I prayed quite a few times for us to get pregnant this trip, and as we were driving home, somewhere between Bakersfield and Stateline, Jason and I saw a shooting star. We both wished on it.


***I wish this month is THE month!***

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I hope you guys get lucky on this trip too!!! Love you girl!! Good luck!

Stephen and Kjerstin said...

This is hilarious! We need to get together soon!