Thursday, April 22, 2010

"I delivered two babies today."


My mom, little bro, sister, Jason, and two of my friends from a long time, Kizzy and Leah, went to Macaroni Grill for my birthday Saturday. Leah and I were chatting when Jenny and Kizzy walked in and I had asked her what she's been up to and how school is going.

With a no big deal attitude she tells me, "I delivered two babies today."

WHAT?! I couldn't believe that. I asked if these were her firsts and she said she has delivered about a dozen so far. It's so crazy to think of being on the other side of labor. The helping get the kid out while helping the parent remain stable. Cleaning the kid off. it's just amazing to me.

I just want to give a shout out to my friend Leah. I think she is absolutely amazing. She almost has her nursing degree. With all the BS she has dealt with in life, she still manages to be such a good friend. She deserves only the best. Love you girl.

No comments: