Saturday, April 24, 2010

Update on Temple Volunteering

Right as we were about to bless our food (Bless it!) the other night, Jason's phone started to ring. Wihtout hesitation, I picked it up, answered it and handed the phone over before even saying hello. (Jason gets irritated with me when I do that, but we were having a quirly night so it was forgiven.)

Anyway, after a few minutes, Jason starts telling the person on the other end that he "would love to try and volunteer more" and "that would be great" and "ya, I think that would be awesome." 10 minutes later, he's finally off the phone and there are mom and I with, "What the heck? Quit stalling and tell us what that was about!" looks on our faces.

Jason was told that the recommend desk has changed to a volunteer or ordinance worker position and they want him to get trained for it!! I am so excited for him! I told him, "Yay, now you can meet all my friends and all my friends can meet you!

Yes, I know I won't be able to be up there with him. Though I would love the greeter position. LOL I'm still so stoked for him that he will be able to participate in something else there.

No comments: