Sunday, January 17, 2010

Answered Prayers

My testimony of prayer grew a little bigger today, again.

A couple weeks ago I knew that my friend Charlotte needed to have a night with Jason. I had been talking to her a few times through the holidays and into the new year and for some reason, I felt that Jason needed to call her and offer priesthood things he could perform. When he did, she said she did want to see him and would love a "blessing". Jason met her before she went to work and they had some dinner. Jason came home feeling pretty good about the night and when I woke up the next morning, I had a text from Charlotte saying, "Jason is amazing and I'm lucky to have him". Within the next 48 hours, Charlotte's mom passed.

I had cleared it with work earlier in the week to leave at exactly 1pm today to make it to the funeral in Henderson on time. Jason also tried getting the day off, but was denied and told that if no one calls in, he can work in the warehouse for a few hours and then go home.

So, during our morning prayers, I asked Heavenly Father to help us get to our destinations on time and in safety. That Jason would be able to make it home in time to get presentable and be able to pick me up from work.

I got as ready as I could for the funeral before work so in case we were running terribly behind, me getting finished ready wouldn't put us even more behind. I got to work at 835 and started logging on to my computer and getting set up for the day. I saw a co-worker show up and for some reason I checked to see the schedule to see who else was working and saw that this co-worker wasn't scheduled. After talking with him and the manager, they let me go home and he stayed.

My prayer was answered cause there is a girl I work with who is usually at work before me. She was planning on leaving Vegas after work to go visit her husband in Phoenix for the weekend and if she had been there when we were discussing me leaving, it would have been a total mess and neither one of us probably would've been able to leave.

So, I called Jason to see what things were like at his work. Did he go out on a bay? How many stops? When will he be home? Etc Etc Etc When he answered, he told me he had just walked in the house. He also told me that there was another guy that also requested to have the day off to attend a funeral, and though he had to go out, His day that looked pretty long actually ended up getting cut in half due to other circumstances.

I was so relieved that our prayers were answered and we were able to make it to the funeral in our Sunday best looking our Sunday best.

Valoy Heki - We will miss you greatly. See you on the other side. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.