Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Laughter is the best medicine

I guess it's a good thing that I wasn't able to donate blood this last Saturday cause I had a mild flu last week that turned into a severe thunderstorm Sunday. Sunday night we were watching a movie and my throat swelled up and it hurt badly to swallow. I thought some sprite would make it feel better, but nope. I went to bed hoping that sleep would wear it out, but by the time I woke up, I felt a little flushed, kept coughing, I couldn't take deep breaths cause my lungs felt like they were being stabbed by millions of little needles, my throat felt 10 times worse, my body ached, I felt the constant need to puke and I was freezing (this is very odd considering I run nearly as hot as my heater of a husband).

I wanted to call in to work, but I don't have a "call in" bone in me, so I took a shower thinking that might help, and though the moisture did help, I still felt miserable. I'm sure a lot of you were hoping what I was, that I was pregnant, but low and behold, if my day couldn't get worse, I started. (On a brighter note, that means I am now at a 31 day cycle! WOOHOO!)

So, I trekked off to work and what a joke!!! I called the Dr to see when I could get in and they had appt's all day but to make it easier on my co-workers, I took a late appt. By 10 I was done. My head was burning up even though my body was freezing, I had a terrible headache, I couldn't stand next to the counter cause it pushed on my tummy which nearly made me hurl quite a few times, I kept having to sit every 1/2 or so cause standing was too much, every part of my body (mainly joints) were hurting. I could barely stand and I kept wanting to leave but my bosses wouldn't let me. (Now I know to call in next time and take the heat than deal with their BS.) FURTHERMORE, if I wasn't already looking like crud and feeling like crud, The Dumb-A (CAPITAL A) that I work with decided to leave the freaking door open when he smoked!!! I had to stop helping my customer cause I couldn't breathe, and nearly passed out and then got attitude from my coworkers cause I asked them to close the door. Finally by 2 my boss said I could go. Gee thanks.

Jason picked me up to take me to the dr and that was a big joke too. I understand that some places are terribly busy, and that when you have an appt at 340, you had better be there or you lose. However, I don't get someone showing up 20 minutes early for her appt and someone showing up at the office twenty minutes after her and being seen for her appt she is late for before the poor dieing girl that was there first! Once I finally got to see the dr, He told me it wasn't strep, I just have a severe sore throat and that they are going to give me 2 shots, some steroid pills and antibiotics. He also asked if I needed Tylenol with Codeine to help me swallow things and not let it hurt. Ummm... no thanks doc. I already have quite a few things to take don't want them to all cancel each other out. You would think for a severe sore throat you wouldn't need all that, but hey, I'm not a doc.

So, the nurse comes in and tells me to hop off the table. I'm thinking that I'm going to be getting these in the arms but oh no. "Ok Jessica, Ones going in your cheek and one in the other. So drop em." O.o Seriously? I have never had butt shots before and I don't think I will ever care to have them again! OUCH!

So, Jason and I stop for KFC Gravy with some mashed potatoes and we get home. And this is one of the reasons I love Jason.

Jason: Sweetheart, I know I can't make you feel better, but is there anything I can do to make you feel more comfortable?
Jessica: You could do the chicken dance for me.

So he starts swinging his arms and gobbling. Though it made me laugh,

Jessica: No Jason, the CHICKEN DANCE!!!

So, with a little help from his sick wife, we get the right song and he sings and dances the chicken dance for me. LOL

When I asked for a louder encore he told me no, but I was laughing and coughing so much I didn't care.That will be stuck in my head for a LONG time.



For those who may not know what the chicken dance is, this is the best video I could find of it.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I FEEL you on the whole... "as if things couldn't get worse, I started". Jason cracks me up! The chicken dance! Wonderful!